Skip to main content

Make Skincare A 2015 Resolution

   HAPPY NEW YEAR...here's to my first post of 2015!!! How did you ring in the new year? I went to bed at 11:00 after a long few days of everyone being sick. We were able to go to dinner, nothing special just Applebee's, and I had my midnight toast several hours early. Many people make resolutions for the new year, things they want to do, try, experience, become better at...individual goals. If you don't have a daily skincare routine, I challenge you to make that a resolution for 2015.

   Skincare is very important, especially during the colder months and that seems to be when it's the hardest to care for in my opinion. I have pretty normal skin throughout the year but in the winter i have to assure that my skin stays hydrated and moisturized to avoid dry patches, flaky skin, and prevent breakouts. Luckily I can use a variety of products because my skin isn't overly sensitive, so I don't stick to one particular brand for all of my skincare needs.

   Here's my current daily routine when I'm not experimenting with new products. In (...) I will also list the price of each item, based on CVS's online prices.



MORNING ROUTINE: I typically do these steps in the shower, makes life a bit easier

 1). Wash my face with Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash ($7.99). I love this brand! They don't use harsh chemicals, dyes or perfumes and it really does make my face feel refreshed and cleansed. I hate using a face wash that makes it seem as if I'm putting on harsh chemicals.

 2). 1-2 times a week I will use the Biore Deep Pore Charcoal Cleanser ($7.99 or $1.99 for a trial size) instead. I have quite a few pores around the center of my face so I need something to help shrink them. I like that it gives my face a tightening feel, but I think there's probably something out there that works better for my pores. I haven't seen a huge difference, although some, since I started using this about a month ago. If you know of a better one let me know.

 3). For the rest of my body I alternate between an exfoliating body wash and moisturizing body wash. Nivea ($6.49) is probably my favorite drug store brand but there are many other good choices like Dove or Aveeno. I'll also be posting a DIY body scrub sometime next week that's absolutely AMAZING!

 4). Lotion is an absolute must for me because during the winter my legs get ridiculously dry and flaky. I love the Vaseline Spray N Go lotion ($7.99), but I do still rub it in after spraying it on. Another one that is less expensive is the Suave Professionals Moroccan Infusion Body Lotion ($3.79).

5). After cleansing the face I apply a pea sized amount of Simple Replenishing Rich Moisturizer ($13.49). This helps put moisture back into my skin after washing away the natural oils. It is a lotion consistency, but light and non greasy plus it dries really quick. If you have dry skin you may need to use a bit more than I do.

6). I always use a primer under my makeup, not only does it smooth the skin and help minimize pores, but it also acts like a bit of a barrier between my bare skin and the makeup. I personally think this product is overpriced for the drugstore, considering that for the same amount you can get some higher end brands at Sephora & Ulta. I use the Loreal Revitalizing Miracle Blur ($24.99), but there are others like the Maybelline Baby Skin for only $6.99. However, if you have CVS bucks and coupons you can get any of them for pretty cheap.



NIGHT ROUTINE:

1). Before washing my face I like to try to remove as much makeup as possible with facial wipes. I've tried many brands and I'm really not too picky but lately the Simple Cleansing Facial Wipes ($6.49) are my go to's. Depending on what eye makeup I'm wearing, the wipes typically do a good job of removing it. If I need a little extra then I'll soak a qtip in Almay Eye Makeup Remover ($5.99) to help get the eyeliner/mascara off.

2). Facial wipes don't remove all the icky, they just aid in the process. In the evenings I use Simple Moisturizing Facial Scrub ($7.99), the exfoliating beads aren't too rough on my skin and it leaves me feeling smooth and clean at the end of the day.

3). For the 2nd time in the day, I repeat step #5 from my morning routine by moisturizing my face before bed.


This is my daily skin care routine using all drugstore products. There are other things I do to nourish and care for my skin on a weekly or biweekly basis. Let me know if you enjoyed this post and if you would like to see more. Later next week I've got a DIY body scrub planned to share with you, let me just say...AMAZING! Stay tuned and HAPPY FRIDAY!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Gracelynn Rose Designs & GIVEAWAY

Today I'm very excited to introduce everyone to Gracelynn Rose Designs! The owner, Stephanie, is one of my closest and dearest friends that I consider more of a sister. The first time we met it was instant friendship, now we've known each other for 5 years. Even though we're currently thousands of miles apart it's as if we never left. Swirly Pink Black Lampwork Swarovski Crystal Bracelet Stephanie has been designing her own jewelry since 2001 and selling it to customers along with a few stores. Each design is her own, delicately handcrafted, and unique. She did an entire jewelry line based on Twilight (which of course I loved every piece) that was so beautiful AND she sold a line of pearl & crystal bracelets to David's Bridal and those were stunning. For my birthday Stephanie sent me a pair of earrings in the mail and I fell in love with them and wear them every chance I get. Might I add that they are 1 of a kind, not another pair like them...   It&

E.L.F. Cosmetic Brushes...Fave or Fail?

    Admittedly I've been using the same Mary Kay makeup brushes for a while now, along with a few other random brands thrown in. I was just satisfied with my MK brushes because they washed well and have help up for a really long time. But it was definitely time for a whole new set and I had trouble making up my mind on which makeup brushes to try. At first my plan was to snag a few from different companies to see what I liked best, but then E.L.F. Cosmetics had a 50% off sale with free shipping over $35. Naturally I had to give it a shot since I was getting so much bang for my buck. I already knew that I wasn't too fond of their cheaper $1 brushes so I opted for the Studio Line which ranges from $3-$10 and I'd heard great reviews. All together I got 15 brushes (1 didn't make it to the picture) for only $37, definitely a steal! Keep reading to find out if it was worth it.     I am extremely pleased with these E.L.F makeup

Living my Childhood Dream...part time anyway

When I was a little girl, I wanted to grow up and become a 5'8 model with long luscious hair...just like every other 8 year old I knew. At that time in my life no one bothered to tell me that 5'2 was as high as I was going. Being very short I never really considered the possibility of fulfilling my childhood dream until about a year and a half ago. #1. I love Italy but they have little to no desire for shorties like myself as far as modeling goes.  #2. Majority of my modeling work happens when I go back to the states to visit. #3. Modeling is a part time "hobby" of mine. I say hobby because it's not like I'm Naomi, Gisele, or Tyra making the big bucks.  #4. With all that being said, I still love modeling. A photographer once asked me why I wanted to model. My response was this..."Besides it being a childhood dream of mine, and liking it as a job, it combines all the things I love. When you mix together photography, creativeness, fashion & design,